How to Grow Thick Beard Faster Best Ways to Grow Beard | The beard has been a matter of pride and dignity since the ancient time. Some considered it as a symbol of wisdom, some as strength or power. And now in a current era, it has become a fashion trend.
Every man wants to have a thick and luscious beard. Some men are already blessed with a fast growing beard and some struggles to have it. So here we are with some amazing tips to grow a beard faster. Just follow them and observe the difference:
How to Grow Thick Beard Faster Best Ways to Grow Beard
1. Keep Your Face Clean
Cleansing your face is the thing that everyone does on daily-basis but doing it the right way is necessary to get a well-grown beard. It helps in removing dead skin, oil, and dirt from the face and improves growth of beard.
• Wash your face with a mild facial cleanser and warm water twice a day.
• After rinsing off, apply a moisturizer over the face to keep skin hydrating.
• Don’t use soap for cleansing as it is too harsh for the sensitive skin of your face.
• You can also use a facial shampoo that will help you unclog your follicles.
2. Exfoliate Your Skin
Exfoliating the skin is another necessary thing that should be included in your facial care routine. Dead skin cells get accumulated over the surface of your skin and this dead skin on your face clog the follicles that hinder the proper growth of beard resulting into patchy hair growth. Exfoliation removes this dead skin and unclogs the pores at the same time.
• Exfoliate the face using a skin exfoliant or a scrub once or twice a week.
• Ensure the scrub to be suitable for your skin type.
• You can also use an exfoliating mask.
• Don’t forget to moisturize the skin at the end.
3. Massage Facial Hair Follicles
A light massage over the face helps your hair follicles to get stimulated which in turn help in fast hair growth. It softens your pores which helps them to absorb the product you apply more effectively.
• Gently massage with your fingers applying some pressure over the facial area you want the beard on.
• You can apply any moisturizer or oil before massaging.
• We suggest you applying light touch with less pressure in case you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.
• Massage tools are also available in the market but your fingers are amazingly more effective.
4. Start Exercising
Exercise is generally known as a stress reliever. But it does not only release stress but also improves your blood circulation and helps in growing your beard faster.
• Doing workouts in the gym on daily basis has a direct impact on your facial hair growth.
• You can also opt for running or jogging according to your stamina as running is the best exercise.
5. Take Proper Amount of Rest
The testosterone level in men is the most responsible thing for a properly grown and thick beard. Many types of research have proved that testosterone level is directly related to the amount of rest you take. And sleep is the most efficient way. Sleep increases your testosterone level which helps in growing your facial hair naturally and faster. While sleeping, you also get your physical and mental stress relieved and also get your lost cells regenerated. So getting proper eight hours of sleep is a must thing you have to do for having a luscious beard.
6. Stop Smoking
As we all know, smoking is injurious to health. It is also a hindrance to the proper growth of facial hair. The direct impact of smoking on hair growth is still being examined, but it is well known that smoking weakens our body’s immune system. A weak immune system affects the functioning and growth of our whole body and hairs too. Smoking impairs the body’s blood circulation, in turn decreasing blood flow to hair’s root which obstructs the growth of cells. Smoking also depletes many nutrients, including Vitamin B which leads hair to turn permanently grey.
7. Have a Balanced Diet
Maintaining a balanced diet encourages the hair growth. A balanced diet should have all the nutritious ingredients in it like protein, fats, and vitamins. Hair is mainly made of a tough protein known as keratin so protein in your food will help you make your facial hair stronger. Taking protein and fats in your diet also helps you increase testosterone level which is a key factor in facial hair’s growth.
• An iron-rich food increases your hair growth and the low iron level can lead to stunned hair loss.
• Vitamin B is equally important in your diet as it absorbs the nutrients essential for your hair.
• Omega-3 fatty acids keep your hair hydrated and Vitamin A works as a natural conditioner.
• In case of being unable to take balanced diet, supplements can be helpful.
8. Use Beard Oil
Another helpful one to grow your beard faster is beard oil. Beard oil moisturizes your skin beneath and also hydrates it. It also conditions your beard with the elements like grape-seed oil, jojoba oil, argan oil etc. You can add this to your daily routine. It softens your hair and makes them look shiny and shaggy and eliminates flakes from your beard.
• Wash your face completely using a mild cleanser before applying oil.
• Take plenty amount of oil in your hands and massage it throughout the beard.
• Use a comb to ensure that oil has reached to every strand of hair.
• The best time to apply beard oil is morning just after taking shower.
9. Take Vitamins
Numerous vitamins and minerals help to pace the rate up at which beard grows. Vitamin A, C, and E are beneficial in the growth of hair and, in fact, Vitamin B does an amazing job. They all together help you grow and condition your facial hair.
• Vitamin A helps your body to make sebum which works as a natural conditioner for your beard.
• Vitamin C improves your immune system and absorbs the iron content for the growth of your body and hair.
• While vitamin E is like a boon for your skin and at the same time, it helps to repair the damaged hair follicles encouraging hair growth.
• You can take supplements in the absence of these vitamins.
10. Take B-Complex Vitamins or Biotin
The B-complex vitamins are the essential micronutrients, especially for healthy hair growth. Vitamin B or Biotin is one of the best treatments for hair loss. Other Vitamins like B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B12 also keep the equal importance.
• Biotin keeps your beard healthy, and it is more effective when taken with zinc. Zinc is an effective element to prevent hair shedding. Hair loss is a sign of biotin deficiency in the body.
• Vitamin B1, B2, and B3 nourish the facial hair follicles.
• Vitamin B5 makes the hair look shiny and give them flexibility. It also helps in reducing hair loss.
• Vitamin B6 prevents dandruff and vitamin B12 prevents hair loss.
11. Increase Your Testosterone Level
Testosterone is the key element for beard growth. Men with high testosterone level have a bigger beard. It stimulates the facial hair follicles which results in the fast growth of beard.
• Doing some exercises like squats, deadlifts, rows can help you increase your testosterone level.
• Spending some time in a gym or running a few meters a day can also help you out.
• If you are too busy to hit the gym and don’t have time to exercise, you can try some supplements.
• Consumption of zinc is also useful for the production of testosterone.
• But you have to be careful while taking these supplements as the overdose can cause severe problems like liver damage and even heart attack.
12. Limit Sugar in Your Diet
The sugar increases the insulin level and which in turn leads to low testosterone level. Particularly fructose sugar, found in soda, fruit, and foods, should be cut from your diet. Your fructose consumption should be below 25 grams a day including fruits. Do not eat processed food or refined carbohydrates like the waffles as it easily breaks down into sugar and increases the insulin level in the body which is not good for the growth of facial hair. You should consume healthy nutrients like carbohydrates in vegetables rather than grains and sugars. It will slow the conversion to simple sugars like glucose and decreases your insulin level that will help your beard to grow faster.
13. Take Protein-rich Food
Our hair is 90% protein, mainly keratin which is produced in the hair follicles. Every strand of hair needs an adequate amount of protein in order to grow. It helps to strengthen and grow the facial hair faster. It makes hair healthier, more durable, and less prone to breakage or fallout. Protein and fats increase the production of testosterone in the body encouraging hair growth. It also helps to rebuild and repair the damaged hair. So taking protein-rich food like eggs, meat, nuts, and fish will help you to grow your beard faster. You can use an egg mask, coconut oil, yogurt and avocado mask as protein treatments for your facial hair.
14. Drink Plenty of Water
Water keeps your body hydrating and regulates the circulatory system which stimulates facial hair follicles. Ideally, one should drink 8 glasses or more a day. Our body is composed of 70% water. If it does not get plenty amount of water, it gets dehydrated and directly impacts the hair growth because less amount of water makes cells unable to grow and develop. The roots of the hair are the only links that help the water to get transported to every strand of hair. Staying hydrated allows roots to soak up an adequate amount of water which gives your hair shafts the nutrients they need to grow.
15. Use Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is known for stimulating the facial hair growth. For using it more effectively, you should mix it with tepid water or any carrier oil, instead of directly applying it. It feeds and deep conditions your facial hair.
• Dilute eucalyptus and water in the ratio of one by four.
• Apply it evenly over your beard and take it for a while.
• Massage your beard with eucalyptus oil twice a day, in the morning and at night.
• You can also use any cream, moisturizer or cleanser containing eucalyptus as its main ingredient.
16. Apply Amla Oil with Mustard Leaves
It is one of the best home remedies for growing your beard faster. Amla oil is a natural source of vitamin C. It helps to nourish and stimulate hair growth. It can be used alone or can be combined with mustard leaves for more effects.
• You can just simply apply the oil throughout your beard and after massaging gently, leave it for 15-20 minutes and then finally, rinse it off with cold water.
• Alternatively, grind some mustard leaves and mix 3 tablespoons of leaves with a one-quarter cup of amla oil.
• Apply this mixture onto your beard and leave it for 20 minutes until it irritates.
• Rinse it off with cold water.
• The remaining mixture can be refrigerated for two to three days.
17. Use Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is considered the cheapest and effective home remedy. It reduces facial hair breakage and also strengthens them at the same time. Its antibacterial characteristics protect the scalp of your hair against infections and also help reducing dandruff problems. It helps in moisturizing the hair, conditioning the roots and protecting it from pollution and hazardous UV rays.
• Mix it with rosemary oil in a 10 to 1 ratio for more effective results.
• Apply it throughout your beard using a comb.
• Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Finally, rinse it off with cold water.
• Not maintaining the right ratio of rosemary and coconut oil can lead you to get your skin irritated.
18. Cinnamon Powder with Lemon or Honey
The cinnamon improves circulation to the skin, and therefore, increases the flow of nutrient-rich blood to the hair follicles. This flow of nutrients helps to nourish and stimulates the hair growth. The cinnamon oil is also an effective one for your facial hair growth as it is the concentrated version of grated cinnamon and is easily available in the market.
• Squeeze out 2 tablespoon lime juice from a lemon.
• Mix it with 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder.
• Apply over your beard and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
• Rinse it off with cold water or use a mild cleanser.
• You can massage your beard throughout with cinnamon oil like any other oil ensuring it to spread to every strand of hair evenly.
• You can also apply mask mixing cinnamon oil with honey in one to one ratio.
19. Micro Needling
Several micro needling devices are available in the market and the best one is Derma Rollers. Micro needling helps to stimulate the growth of facial hair and results in a thicker beard. Micro needling is a method by which you take hundreds of tiny needles and roll them over your face area you want the beard on. It mainly stimulates the production of collagen and keratin which are both important factors of hair growth. The theory behind this method is, when needle pricks your skin or the layer under the epidermis, the body considers it as damage and starts healing it. During its healing process, it produces collagen and keratin that ultimately helps to grow facial hair. Generally, women use this method to get rid of their wrinkles.
20. Limit Your Alcohol Consumption
Alcohol is a depressant that slows down various bodily functions. The scientific studies have proved that drinking has a direct impact on testosterone level which affects the facial hair growth. It is not that you have to give up drinking completely. The lower dosages are fine or we can say, 1-3 glasses of alcohol has nothing to do with your testosterone level but higher dosages can lead to the problem. Heavy consumption of alcohol lowers the production of testosterone and increases the production of estrogen causing hair problems.
21. Take a Little Help of Minoxidil
Minoxidil is a pharmaceutical solution and anti-hypertensive vasodilator, which was originally used as a blood-pressure medication for those with high blood pressure. The solution came into the picture after noting down hair growth as its side effect. It helps to overcome the baldness of the head and helps to stimulate hair follicles over your face. Minoxidil also increases the circulation of nutrients. It is available in liquid and foam forms in the market.
• Clean and dry your scalp before using it.
• Get 1 ml or 20 drops of liquid into the applicator.
• Start putting the drops over your beard area and gently rub in.
22. Put Your Razor Down
Stay away from the myths like, “shaving helps you to increase your facial hair growth” which is completely false. It has been proven by studies that shaving has no significant effect on your hair growth rate. It does not help stimulating facial hair follicles at all. You should grow your beard at its own pace without any disruption. We all are told this myth as a fact since childhood. But the true story behind this relationship of shaving and hair growth rate is that shaving affects only the outer layer of skin or only the dead skin gets cut while shaving. While shaving has nothing to do with the underneath skin of your face, known as hair follicles, which is actually responsible for the hair growth.
So these are the topmost solution used for growing your beard faster. Choose any of above explained and feel the difference. We hope, we helped you find the solution out.