Are you a bachelor starving at 3 in the morning but do not know how to cook? Or are you an office goer with absolutely no time in the morning to prepare something for the breakfast? Maybe, you are anyone who wants a quick solution to your hunger on your plate.
Scrambled eggs are the best thing to think in such cases. The best part? They are easily accessible to almost everyone. You need nothing but just the regular items available in your fridge or the kitchen.
Scrambled eggs serve almost every way — you can have the dish as your breakfast, lunch or maybe dinner. Its origin dates way back to the Ancient Rome. Yes, ancient Romans had been scrambling and eating scrambled eggs!In fact, scrambled egg is where the idea of making omelettes came from.
The principle difference between the two dishes, namely, scrambled eggs and omelettes is the action you take after pouring the yolk solution in the pan. While you let the omelette get cooked and dry out, you scramble yolk solution into fluffy pieces while making scrambled eggs.
Also, an omelette contains a lot of veggies including pieces of onion, tomato, chilly, coriander leaves, spices, etc.
Following is a guide on making Scrambled Eggs
Things you will need as ingredients:
1. Two eggs (or any number of eggs you want to scramble).
2. 1 tablespoon of water (or milk, cream)
3. Coconut Oil (or any fat, mustard oil, or olive oil).
4. A pinch of salt (according to your taste).Desirable: Pepper (and/or spices you would like to have its flavour in the dish).
1. First of all, take two (or according to servings required) eggs and gently rub the yolk out of them. Collect the yolk extracted in a big bowl.
2. Now, add a pinch of salt according to the taste required and a bit of pepper to the yolk. Also, add a tablespoon of water to the solution.Note that it completely depends upon the choice of your flavour. If you like cheesy, creamy, and fluffy eggs, refrain adding even a drop of water to it. Rather, add an amount of milk or cream to the yolk.
3. Mix the materials in the bowl with a spoon or fork gently. Please take a note that you do not need to make a very adulterate solution. Keep it mixing only up to an extent that it still remains a bit viscous. By here, you have prepared the most fundamental part of the dish.
4. Now, heat up a pan on a low to middle flame. Pour some fat to the pan when the base of the pan is just warm that you could easily touch it. Again, as we mentioned above, it depends on you what kind of flavour would you like to dominate the dish.
By this, we mean that you can add any kind of fat — it may be butter, coconut oil, or olive oil or simply just a thin layer of mustard oil.
5. Wait till the fat layers down and make a thin film on the base of the pan. Once you see the coating of fat, gently pour the solution you made in the above steps. If you feel the need of spices, you can add them here.
6. Spread the solution all over the area of the pan. Keep the flame on still and wait.
The dish is almost ready. Start scrambling randomly as the heat grows. As soon as you feel that the scrambled egg is cooked enough to consume, put it in a plate and serve.
1. Remember not to overcook, it makes the scrambled egg hard, dried out and non-edible.
2. Refrain the use of cast iron. Although, there is no known harm caused by the use of cast iron while scrambling eggs, still it is advisable to avoid its use as it leaves a greenish shade on the dish.
Tips for Making Very Fluffy Scrambled Eggs:
As mentioned above, take the yolk out in a container. Swirl it well but keep it viscous. From here,
in this case, you must use cream or milk in place of water. Also, only use butter or mayonnaise as fat and not coconut/olive, or mustard oils.After you pour the solution in the medially warmed up the pan, very soon you will notice the formation of white belts of on the circumference of the pan. These are cooked part of the solution. Drag them towards the centre of the pan with the help of a pan stick.
By doing this, you would be able to collect most of the fluffed (cooked) egg in the centre while the raw solution will remain over the circumference of the pan which will get cooked eventually.
Once you find the scrambled eggs dry enough to consume, you can pile them out in a plate and serve.While Scrambled Eggs are this easy to prepare and consume, there can be other forms of scrambled eggs. They can be sandwiched inside buns or can be made spicy and flavoured with herbs.
Following are few examples of making good use of this recipe.
Scrambled Egg Burger
Things you will need as ingredients:1. Four eggs (take an egg per serving)
1. Four eggs (take an egg per serving)
2. Four Burger Buns (take a bun according to the number of eggs)
3. Finely chopped tomato (quantity depends on your taste)
4. One finely chopped onion.
5. 1 tablespoon of water (you can take milk or cream as well)
6. Coriander Leaves
7. Chilli Powder
8. Cumin Powder
9. Turmeric Powder
10. Any kind of fat (olive oil, coconut oil, or butter)
Take the burger buns and slice it in pieces of two. Toast these pieces in a pan on a medium flame. You could use some butter while toasting the buns.
Now, it is time to prepare the eggs’ part.
First of all, collect the yolk in a bowl by gently beating the eggs. Add milk or cream to the yolk in the bowl. Mix the solution well.Put some amount of fat on the pan and wait until it develops a thin film of fat on the base of the pan. Then, put the onion chopping, finely chopped tomato pieces, coriander leaves, chilly powder, cumin, powder, turmeric powder, salt (to taste), and any other spices’ powder to the pan.
Fry these materials well on a low flame. Please take a note that while cooking scrambled eggs, you should never fry it on a high flame, it could be medium at most.Now, it is the time to pour the yolk solution in the pan of these veggies. Scramble the yolk well once it starts getting cooked. Over time you will see an amount of dry pieces of scrambled eggs in the pan. Stop the flame.
Take the sliced pieces of burger buns and fill them with the dry scrambled eggs you just created. The scrambled eggs burger is ready. You can have/serve it with sauce or hot sauce.
Scrambled Egg Burritos
Things You Need:
1. Two eggs (or any number of eggs you want to scramble)
2. Wheat Tortilla or Corn Tortilla
3. 1 table spoon of water/milk/cream
4. Any kind of fat (coconut oil, butter, cream, olive oil, or mustard oil)
5. Finely sliced salads (e.g. pieces of boiled carrots)
6. Salt/Spices (other flavours you would want to include)
8. Cooked Rice and Herbs
Take the two or four eggs and gently rub the yolk out of them. Collect the yolk extracted in a big bowl.
Now, add a pinch of salt to taste required and a bit of pepper, and other spices to the yolk. While making Scrambled Egg Burritos, do not add even a drop of water. Rather, add an amount of milk or cream to the yolk. Put the herbs you have in the solution. It will result in a fluffy, and cheesy dish with a sweet flavour.Mix the materials in the bowl with a spoon or fork gently. Please take a note that you do not need to make a very adulterate solution. Keep it mixing only up to an extent that it still remains a bit viscous. By here, you have prepared the most fundamental part of the dish.
Now, heat up a pan on a low to middle flame. Pour some butter or olive oil to the pan when the base of the pan is just warm that you could easily touch it. As we mentioned above, it depends on you what kind of flavour would you like to dominate the dish. By this, we mean that you can add any kind of fat — it may be butter, coconut oil, or olive oil or simply just a thin layer of mustard oil.
Wait till the fat layers down and make a thin film on the base of the pan. Once you see the coating of fat, gently pour the solution you made in the above steps. If you feel the need of spices, you can add them here.
Spread the solution all over the area of the pan.
After pouring the yolk solution that we just learnt to prepare, scramble the solution and stop the flame (heat) just before it starts getting dry. Now, take a wheat or corn tortilla and fill its surface with cooked rice. Finally, add the scrambled egg to the tortilla-rice combination.
The fundamental part of the Scrambled Egg Burritos is ready, and you can add ingredients like sauce, hot-sauce, salads, coriander leaves, etc. to enhance the taste. Roll the tortilla with the fillings and slice it to smaller pieces. The Scrambled Egg Burritos is ready. Enjoy.
Scrambled Egg Akoori
Things you will need as ingredients:
1. Two eggs (per serving)
2. One medium sized onion
3. One and a half table spoons of clarified butter
4. One tablespoon of finely chopped coriander leaves
5. One finely chopped green chilly
6. One small sized finely chopped tomato
Put the fat in to the pan and heat the pan at a very low flame. Fry the onion chopping softly but do not let it go brown. Remove the left over oil in the pan after frying the onion chopping. Add other ingredients like tomato chillies, coriander, and other species, and mix well.
Cook this mixture for straight three minutes. After 3 minutes, remove the pan from the flame. Gently drub the eggs and extract out the yolk in a bowl and beat a few strokes until whites and yolks are well blended. Now, add the onion-tomato-coriander-chilly mixture to the bowl.
Mix this solution well but leave it a bit viscous. Add a pinch of salt (or according to the need) to taste.
Put the pan back on a medium flame. Keep stirring the solution throughout the cooking. In a matter of minutes, you will see a mixture of soft pieces of scrambled eggs garnished with the flavours of onion, tomato, coriander, cumin, butter, cream, chilly, and other herbs/ingredients you would have used in the dish.
You can have/serve this dish with tortillas or toast bread.
Greek Scrambled Eggs
1. Things you will need as ingredients:
2. Two eggs
3. 3/4 tablespoons minced fresh mint
4. Half tablespoon finely chopped scallion (long-necked onion with a short bulb, also known as spring onion)
6. Olive oil (half a tablespoon)
7. Half a cup of fresh spinach
8. One-fourth teaspoon of minced oregano
9. One-fourth cup of feta cheese
10. One-fourth tablespoon minced fresh parsley
11. One fourth a cup of finely chopped tomatoes
First of all, drub the two eggs and collect the egg yolk in a big bowl and beat the eggs with milk.
Add the mint, oregano, parsley, scallions, and desired amount of salt and pepper (for taste) to the bowl and mix the solution well.
Spread the olive oil in a pan placed on medium flame. Softly fry the spinach in the pan (for about two to three minutes).
Pour the egg yolk mixture over the spinach in the pan. When the mixture starts getting cooked, scramble the eggs by stirring. Turn off the heat when the eggs are completely set. For the next thirty seconds or so, add the feta cheese while still stirring the egg mixture. Do this till the cheese melts. Add the finely chopped pieces of tomato to the pan. Scramble a few more times to make a complete and fine blend.
‘Greek Scrambled Eggs’ is ready to serve!